You are here:
Home > Challenge > Challenge Overview
2014 Community Health Challenge Overview
- Engage Cuyahoga County communities and municipal workplaces in a voluntary countywide competition that is coordinated to drive improvements to health and well - being across the county.
- The 201 4 County Health Rankings ranked Cuyahoga County 65 th out of 88 Ohio counties for health outcomes.
- The average life expectancy is 65 years of age in some communities; whereas, it is 85 years of age in communities just a few miles away.
Reasons to Participate
- The Challenge starts May 1 , 2014 and runs through August 30 , 2014.
- Earn and receive recognition for community and municipal workplace as healthy place s to live , work and play
- Apply ‘OneCuyahoga Healthy Community’ badge on municipal website
- Provide ‘OneCuyahoga Healthy Community’ window clings
- Categorical winners with special awards
- Discover and implement health and wellness resources available to communities and municipal workplaces
- Collaborate with County Health Alliance Institutional Partners to develop and implement policies and activities supporting health and wellness
- Engage with a ‘Community Coach’ for assistance in completing Challenge items
- Involve adults and youth in programming and events that encourage active living
- Attract more people and businesses to the county and communities
Western Reserve Plan Principle #6: Embracing a health and wellness culture which mirrors the excellence of our major medical institutions.
- Certificate of participation
- County issues press release announcing certification & posts announcement to County Health Alliance and other county website s and on social media
- Recognition of Community Challenge winners at the NEOCycle Night Ride After Party on September 27, 2014
- Free spots in the NEOCycle event s to be awarded to the communities with the highest participation percentage and Community Challenge winners
- Customized bicycle rack from Rust Belt Welding for overall winner